Fun release today with Photofile 1.0.4 officially launching today. Here are the release notes:
Photofile marches ever forward! This is our big PHOTO BLOG release. If you keep or wanted to start a Tumblr photo blog, Photofile is now your ultimate tool.
Use the action button on any image to post it directly to your Tumblr blog. Supports multiple blogs, comments, and tags. Go ahead and start that Tumblr blog you always wanted.
BOOKMARK’S NOW FULLY FEATURED
Bookmarks can now have folders, sub folders, and sub sub folders. You can edit them, rename them, and sort them. Go crazy Bookmark crazy.
TABS TABS TABS
Completely rewritten from the ground up. They work now on the iPad1 and are much more memory friendly.
HISTORY NOW REMEMBERED
Sad that you lost the ability to click the Back button between uses of the app? No more! Your history is now remembered per tab between sessions.
ACTION BUTTONS NOW ON ALL IMAGES
Save to Dropbox, copy to Photos, Tumblr, Email, all those images you love directly from “All Images” without having to save them first.
Stay tuned for a walkthrough about the exciting new Tumblr feature !
Did you know the latest version of Photofile includes support for Airplay ? it does ! AirPlay makes it amazingly easy to have your pictures appear on your TV. With Photofile you can both AirPlay images in your collection or actually AirPlay the images on a webpage without even downloading them. It’s a really fun way to browse through image websites.
To use AirPlay you will need an AppleTV or some other device that support video over airplay.
If you got such a device here’s what you do:
1) Open photofile and find a page with lots of thumbnails on it. Try our flickr page for starters:
2) Next click “All Images” to view just the images on the page.
3) Once the images are done being loaded, click an image to load it up full.
4) With an image displayed click the Airplay icon in the upper right.
5) Select your AirPlay device and the currently visible image will show up on the tv.
6) Now just hit the Play button and all the images on the page will Play through your TV !
Let us know how you like using this feature and any other features that would help make Photofile the BEST way to bulk download and view internet images.