Photofile is now a universal app !
Today marks the release of Photofile 1.0.3 !
This release contains the biggest features that have been requested namely:
1. iPhone support with the full compliment of features
2. Batch save photos to your iOS photos app (with full support in All Images so you can save to photos without saving locally ! )
3. Batch copy photos to dropbox ( also with full support in All Images so you can batch save to dropbox without saving locally ! )
4. Batch delete photos from your local collection
5. Rename files in the details pane to help organize files when copying to Dropbox
6. Swipe left and right with two fingers to navigate forward and backwards in the browser
The iPhone version also allows for “impersonating” other browsers to make sure you get the full resolution images when downloading. This new feature can be found here:
Then select the device you would like to impersonate
The icon will change to show what you’re currently browsing as
This is a big release for Photofile and contains all the most requested features. We’re always listening to your feedback so please continue to send it !
Photofile feature look: AirPlay
Did you know the latest version of Photofile includes support for Airplay ? it does ! AirPlay makes it amazingly easy to have your pictures appear on your TV. With Photofile you can both AirPlay images in your collection or actually AirPlay the images on a webpage without even downloading them. It’s a really fun way to browse through image websites.
To use AirPlay you will need an AppleTV or some other device that support video over airplay.
If you got such a device here’s what you do:
1) Open photofile and find a page with lots of thumbnails on it. Try our flickr page for starters:
2) Next click “All Images” to view just the images on the page.
3) Once the images are done being loaded, click an image to load it up full.
4) With an image displayed click the Airplay icon in the upper right.
5) Select your AirPlay device and the currently visible image will show up on the tv.
6) Now just hit the Play button and all the images on the page will Play through your TV !
Let us know how you like using this feature and any other features that would help make Photofile the BEST way to bulk download and view internet images.